Cannabidiol oil or simply CBD oil is a popular natural ailment for the health benefits it has. It is present amongst the 104 chemical compounds known as the cannabinoids that are found in the marijuana plant or cannabis, scientifically called Cannabis sativa.
Oils that have the presence of CBD concentrations are known as CBD oils. Perhaps, the concentration levels and the usage may vary.
There is sometimes a notion formed that CBD is marijuana, which is not the case. Marijuana possesses THC and CBD. The most active ingredient found in marijuana is the delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). When introduced into the body through cooking or smoking, this THC is broken down by the heat creating mind-altering ‘high’ effect on the body. However, when talking about CBD, it does not have any effect on the mind when consumed, meaning it is not psychoactive. Thus, THC and CBD have been found to have different effects.
Researchers have studied to find that CBD, in turn, has health benefits.
It is found that most of the CBD comes from the least processed element of the cannabis plant, known as the hemp. The hemp plants are used for the CBD oil making.
Working of CBD
CBD and all other cannabinoids have certain effects on the body that are linked to the receptors. Few cannabinoids are said to be produced on their own in the human body. For these cannabinoids, there are two receptors present in the body. These receptors are CB1 receptors and CB2 receptors.
CB1 receptors normally said to reside throughout the body, but most are present in the brain. These receptors basically deal with emotions and mood, gluttony, memories, thinking, coordination and movement, and many other factors. CB2 receptors are found to have a presence in the immune system dealing with pain and inflammation.
On contrary to the earlier researches that suggested that CBD is attached to the CB2 receptors, CBD is actually believed to instruct the brain to use more its own cannabinoids rather than attaching to either of the receptors. Because of the way the CBD acts in the body, it is known to have medical benefits.
Uses of CBD
CBD is said to be a viable option for people who want to get relief from pain and some other similar symptoms without facing mind-altering effects of marijuana or any other pharmaceutical drug.
Use of CBD has increasingly become popular in the recent times due to the studies confirming that CBD has a great impact when relieving from chronic pain and anxiety.
Here are some of the benefits of the CBD oil:
- Acts as pain relief and anti-inflammatory agent: People have been using drugs and other prescription for mitigating the effects of stiffness and pain inclusive of chronic pain. CBD rather acts as a natural agent or alternative for lessening and diminishing the effects of pain. Several studies and research papers after conducting many experiments have agreed that CBD, which is a non-psychoactive element in marijuana, is a potential new treatment for chronic pain.
- Helps in quitting smoking and withdrawing the use of drugs:There is evidence been found that suggest that the use of CBD has indeed helped people quit smoking. According to a study, people who consumed CBD were seen to smoke fewer cigarettes than usual and eventually have no temptation towards nicotine. Similar studies also go on to reveal that CBD can be a potential treatment for individuals with opioid addiction disorders. CBD has also shown effects on easing out some symptoms associated with substance use. These symptoms include anxiety, insomnia, pain and other mood-swing symptoms. Moreover, CBD aids in preventing and lessening the withdrawal symptoms.
- Combating cancer: Certain research has shown viable evidence that CBD can be used to fight cancer as well. Cancer-related symptoms such as puking, nausea, pain can be eased out with the use of CBD. It helps in preventing cancer from spreading in the body. The CBD compound also acts as a suppressing agent for reducing the growth of the cancer cells and actively promoting their destruction. CBD has shown low toxic levels and thereby identified as a promising supplement to the ongoing standard cancer treatment. Perhaps more research is required in this aspect.
- CBD’s Neuroactive Properties and Treating Epilepsy: For neurological disorders, CBD may be a promising option with studies indicating that CBD’s potential to have an impact on endocannabinoid system and other brain signalling systems. CBD showed significant effects of lessening the seizure activity amongst the children affected by Dravet syndrome, one of the complicated epilepsy childhood disorder. People affected by multiple sclerosis and combating muscle spasticity can use Sativex, which is an oral spray that uses THC and CBD, is a proven effective treatment. CBD for sleep problems for people having Parkinson’s disease can improve sleep quality as well as the quality of life. Moreover, there have been reports that show that CBD reduces inflammation and aids in preventing neurodegeneration that is linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Improving Heart Health: CBD use has indicated great results associated with the heart and circulatory system which includes significance in lowering the blood pressure. This can be attributed to the ability of CBD in reducing anxiety and stress. It also decreases cell death linked to heart disease with its rich antioxidant properties thereby preventing heart damage. However, more research and studies are required in this direction for effectively using CBD for improving heart health.
Other health benefits include CBD for sleep problems giving quality sleep, CBD having antitumor effects and antipsychotic effects and significantly preventing diabetes.
Despite CBD a safe option in the medical treatment of various problems, there are certain side-effects. These include dry mouth, dizziness, drowsiness, variations in appetite, psychosis, diarrhoea. Also, it is essential to consult the doctor before consuming CBD to ensure safety and protect one against the potentially harmful effects of CBD.
You can easily get online info on cbd oil for sleeping problems, though there are proven results showing the significance of CBD in relieving pain and symptoms and other health issues like depression, stress, anxiety, etc., there is a lot of research needed on this front to use CBD appropriately for benefitting health problems.